Christmas in the New Forest
Welcome to Christmas in the beautiful New Forest National Park.
As you can see Santa has arrived!
I'm going to be covering Where to Go, What to See, What to Buy and Where to Stay too
Just as a word of warning - in the last few years we've had a bit of bad publicity surrounding a Christmas event which ended up in court. The ones I have recommended here are long established events and companies I can honestly recommend to you.
Where to Go and What to See
- 6 December to 24 December 10.30 to 4pm Longdown Activity Farm is opening its Christmas Barn for children to get into the festive mood amongst all the animals. One thing to note is that the rest of the farm is not open, booking is a good idea and adults without accompanying children will be charged the full entrance rate.
- Paultons Park Santa's Christmas Wonderland The home of the lovely Pepper Pig! (Long weekends only in December - Friday to Monday ending 22 Dec but please check their website)
- Lots to enjoy here with a chance to meet Santa, who will give you a free gift, enjoy all the rides and meet reindeer Blitzen and Elf Bobo
- Beaulieu Christmas Events
can offer you fun, entertainment and lots of activities all within the
beautiful grounds. It is one of my favourite New Forest places to visit.
It has so much to offer - throughout the year. Check out my Beaulieu Review for year round fun and frolics!
- Beaulieu Shop and Online Shop
has unusual gifts and traditional toys and motoring presents for the
men and boys in your life. I've never visited without finding something I
know my son would love.
- As well as my New Forest Christmas events and present ideas, what if you wanted to buy someone you love the means to build their own website? There's a big discount on creating a website like mine now, so why not find out more?
Here's a great idea with a huge discount on at the moment.
- SOLD OUT: Sadly Tea with Santa Every Tuesday and Thursday at 3.45 at Steff's Kitchen Beaulieu throughout December.
- SOLD OUT: So their Christmas Dinner promo! Looks like the worm/early bird saying is correct - sorry if you've missed it.
What to Buy
I'm proud of the variety and quality of gifts you can buy from New Forest producers.
If you visit my Christmas Present ideas I'm sure you'll find some great gifts. Many hold the New Forest marque which endorses they are local products.
I'm incredibly enthusiast about Grovely Wood Stables and Keepsake horse toys. They are exceptional life time gifts, as you can see here.
New Forest Christmas Present - a chocolate handbag!
Where to Stay
What would you prefer at Christmas? A New Forest cottage or a luxury hotel?
- Rhinefield House Hotel
is located in a stunning setting, right in the heart of the New
Forest. It is close to the village of Brockenhurst and you can choose to
take long walks, book a horse ride or cycle on acres of lovely paths
and tracks, getting right up close to the New Forest animals.
- The Rhinefield House Hotel has lots of New
Forest Christmas accommodation offers for you. You can choose a lunch
or perhaps afternoon tea treat. May be you'd like to buy a gift voucher
as a Christimas present to book a special day out or treat, or a Detox
Spa Experience or Spa gift vouchers.
- While you're there you could even book your Wedding or visit a Wedding Fayre and take advantage of any offers they may have.
- It's a stunning location in a beautiful New Forest woodland setting. There are wonderful walks to go on and it is a great place to hire a bike and enjoy a New Forest cycle.
Arrange to hire a bike from nearby Brockenhurst and set off across the New Forest and explore - it's flat and easy on the legs!
- Hotel TerraVina is another favorite hotel of mine. This year they are offering shopping breaks for you to enjoy. This beautiful boutique hotel offers a truly unique New Forest experience if you stay here!
- You'll be greeted by one of the world famous Hotel TerraVina dogs in various shapes and sizes as soon as you step into the welcoming and beautifully designed hotel. And you can buy one too!
- This hotel offers a wonderful dining experience and at times you can even learn how to slice the top off a bottle of champagne - with a sword - surely a unique New Forest experience??
- This hotel has a true passion for fine wine and food. They have special events and offers throughout the year. I always recommend them for Valentines Day and also Mother's Day treats too each year as I believe you'll have a great time either for a romantic break or to treat your dear old(?) Mum!
New Forest Christmas goose in Beaulieu High Street?
So just a few suggestions from me of where you could go to enjoy Christmas New Forest events stays or good old shopping! Whatever you do and wherever you go I hope you have a wonderful time!