New Forest Half Term February 2013
Events I can recommend
This is now an archive page and information is no longer current
My New Forest Half Term events for February 2013
New Forest Half Term events I'm recommending take place at Beaulieu, at the National Motor Museum. As well as being a fantastic day out for all the family with so much on offer, they are included in your entrance price - so no extra money needed except for food and gifts etc.
You will need a good map for getting around :-
Saturday 16th to Sunday 24th February 2013
Your children will have the chance to
Go undercover as a Secret Agent! following a secret agent trail.
- Experience 50 years of James Bonds vehicles at the Bond in Motion exhibition has been extended - great news - until January 2014.
- This year there will be a giant 8 lane Scalextric track where you can race one of James Bonds Aston Martins, and win a prize if you have the fastest daily timing.
- Test your knowledge of the world's most famous Secret Agent James Bond. Follow the trail around the exhibition and exercise your code-cracking skills for an opportunity to win a Bond goody bag.
- Learn about real life secret agent training, which actually took place at Beaulieu during World War Two. See clever inventions they used to get out of trouble or send vital information back to England.
- The Secret Army Exhibition shows just how resourceful our agents were - pencils held fuses for explosives and even a hair brush held its' own secret special use!
You will come away from this day buzzing with information and will be able to tell all your friends how clever the WW2 Secret Agents were and describe how they used secret methods just like James Bond!
Read my Beaulieu Review and discover why I recommend this as a great day out.
Here are some more suggestions for a good day out...
- New Forest Wildlife Park is open from 10.00am to 5.30pm. For a once in a lifetime treat you could even be a Keeper for a Day!
- Longdown Farm re opens on Saturday 16h February but please check their website before arriving for a farm day out!
- Visit our Days Out for more information.
- Hampshire Gateway can offer disabled children or young people additional support to access opportunities within their communities.Here's what they offer "arts & crafts, games, cookery, trips, sensory, soft play and much
more! This is an exciting opportunity for children to have fun, try new
experiences and meet new friends!" I spotted an upcoming trip to London Zoo which sounded exciting, but not until May - worth a note in your diary though?
I hope you enjoy your New Forest Half Term break, whatever you decide to do, and that the weather is kind to your visit too!
Back to Home Page